This recipe for delicious lactation boosting cookies was shared by a student who brought a batch to our childbirth class reunion. Everyone will love these, they’re yummy!
- 1 Cup butter (or I use 1 ¼ C unsweetened applesauce and 2 Tbs olive oil for less fat/calories)
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 4 Tbs water
- 2 Tbs flaxseed meal (no substitutions)
- 2 Lg eggs (I use 3 egg whites)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 Cup Thick cut oats
- 1 Cup Chocolate chips (or 1 ¼ C raisins/craisins)
- 2 Tbs Brewers Yeast (no substitutions)
- Preheat oven at 375.
- Mix 2 T of flaxseed meal and water, set aside 3-5 minutes.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs. (I just use a whisk)
- Stir flaxseed mix into butter mix and add vanilla. Beat until well blended (I use whisk)
- Mix dry ingredients (except oats and chocolate chips).
- Add butter mix to dry ingredients.
- Stir in the oats and then the choc chips (or raisins/craisins)
- Drop on baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes.